Fabric Used: Gray mystery fabric from Walmart & silver crepe back satin from Fabric.com for the lining.I made this dress back in January, but have not gotten around to posting it until now. I was hoping to get some pictures of the inside before I posted but it didn't happen. The pattern comes with different skirt pieces for slim, average and curvy fit as well as separate bodice pieces for A, B, C & D cups. Since my main focus this year is on fitting, this seemed like a great starting place. I had what I thought was a suit weight gray fabric and silver satin in my stash so I figured I was set. I used the D cup bodice and the average skirt. I did a 5/8 inch broad back adjustment (which was about ¼ in too much) and I did a ¾ in FBA. I added to the waist and hips, but I don’t really remember how much. There is a little puffiness just under the bust, but I think that may have been due to the fabric stretching. The dress is a little plain for my taste, but it is a good basic if done in a better fabric. I did have some successes with this dress as well. I fully lined it (which the pattern doesn’t call for), I added lace to the bottom of the lining and my invisible zipper came out great. Overall the pattern has good “bones” and now that I have it fitted I can see myself going back to it again.
I have also started working on my white button down shirt using McCall’s Palmer/Pletch M5433. My hope was to start on the second item in the Wardrobe basics, the jeans, but the pattern is on back order and I needed a top to pair with my newly finished ponte pants. I have some white shirting in my stash that I bought about a year ago with hopes of a white button down, so I’m pretty excited to start sewing it up.
Until Next Time,