Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Didn't Make It..

The first 12 in 2012 deadline that is. I had hoped to finish the Simplicity 2404 Amazing fit dress that I am working on by last night, but an impromptu visit from my sister and brother in law and then my BFF on Monday stalled my plans. Last night I was able to get the invisible zipper put in and give everything a good press before turning in for the night. Tonight my plan is to hem the dress and lining to finish it off! While the dress is rather plain, I am very happy with some of my improved construction techniques. I will do a full review over the weekend and post along with some pictures.

In other sewing news, I have my pattern for the Basic Wardrobe Sew Along black ponte pants all copied and ready for fitting. I had hoped to use the Burda pattern I spoke about in my last post (which I did copy off), but after looking at the pattern pieces it does not have the separate leg pieces that I was looking for. I did find this in my pattern stash however

It's McCall's M6440 which has a center back seam and leg variations. Exactly what I was looking for, so I copied it off as well.This will be my first time fitting a pair of pants and I am hoping the learning curve is not as long since I have “some” fitting practice under my belt.

Stay tuned!

~Renae

1 comment:

  1. I find that back leg seam so interesting....you should be able to get a good fit because of it. Good luck Renae...I will be anxious to know how you like the pants pattern

    ReplyDelete