Monday, April 26, 2010
I Think I May Have Actually Read Too Much
So, I managed to get some sewing in this weekend. I stitched up what was suppose to be a simple pair of trouser type pants. This was to be my first actual wearable pair (didn't turn out that way). To start with, I did not have enough fabric to cut all the pieces in the correct direction. That should have been the first indication to stop while I was ahead. But no, I instead said to myself "self, just continue as though it is not noticeable that one leg is cut in the wrong direction. If nothing else you will actually have a pair of pants that fit and then you can knock out several pairs from that." WOW, how optimistic I am when talking to myself... I will try and post a picture or two of the train wreak that they turned out to be. The crotch curve is still completely wrong even though the muslin seem to fit nicely. I had to end up adding a LARGE waistband to cover my plumbers crack in the back. Which lead me to chop off about 5 inches off the center front so that the pants were actually at my waist instead of up under my bust. Needless to say I will have to start from scratch another day with a pants pattern, because I just don't know where I went wrong with this one. I have a pattern on the table for a maxi dress that I am hoping will be easier to knock out, since I am in need of some instant gratification.