Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What is Halloween without a little Lightning


Hello Pumpkins!

First, my thoughts and prayers go out to all of you on the East Coast while you deal with clean up and recovery from Hurricane Sandy. I have been delighted that several of my beloved blogger friends made it through safely.

There has been some sewing going on in Casa Awesome, but not much to show right now other than some wadders (but I may take some pictures of those for your guys). Every Halloween we have a costume contest at work and this year I decided to channel my inner crafty side to whip together a little something to participate. First the inspiration photo.
 
I was glued to the Olympics this year and with my fellow countryman setting records all over the place he was the perfect costume! I started out with a tutorial from This Mama MakesStuff to put together the three gold medals.
 
Then I used the Fit Nice Sew Slim System (review on the pattern and workshop I took to come in a separate post) to whip up a race tee complete with decals using iron on transfer (love that stuff!).
 
I added black shorts and sneakers for an almost complete look. To seal the deal and hopefully the grand prize I added a homemade flag so that my victory lap around the office would be complete!

And there you have it. My coworkers and I were all smiles for the cameras.
 
Hope you all have a safe and happy Halloween!!!
~Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment