Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Year, New Blog, New Me?

Welcome, Happy New Year, Happy MLK Day and anything else that I missed since the first of the year. It was my intention to get this up by the first of the year, but you already know about that road paved with good intentions. I have during the past year really reevaluated by new found hobby and wanted to capture on paper (internet, what have you) a wish list of things I would like to tackle for the New Year. While I will most certainly deviate from this list I thought it a good starting place by jotting down a few things. So here goes, in no particular order:

1.      Work on fitting and fitting alterations. – I seem to start off a pattern on the right path, then get stuck once I start making adjustments. I may be over fitting, but I’m not sure.

2.      Find a local sewing circle. – While I love reading blogs and feel as though I know these sewist personally I would love to have someone that I could ask to help me take back measurements and the like.

3.      Make an attempt at fitting and sewing pants. – I have had wearable success with tops and dresses (not love affairs, but passable) but have been way too timid about attempting pants. When I first started sewing this was my only motivation to learn and yet I have never tried it.

4.      Plan and execute at least 4 mini wardrobes. – This for me is really ambitious. The planning stage is painfully slow (like I don’t want to pick the “wrong” patterns), then I sew maybe a piece from the collection and wonder off in a different direction altogether.

5.      Nail down some TNT patterns – I know that this takes time, but some of my favorite bloggers make so much use of their TNT patterns that I want to have some of my own.

6.      Sew quality – I want to sew with fabric that is gorgeous instead of just fabric that is on sale. So if that means I can only have 1 great item per month instead of 5 ok items, then so be it.

7.      Stop rushing – I have always been an instant gratification type chic, but that has not served me well in the sewing world (back to the 1 item vs 5 items).

8.      Develop a style – I have lived most of my adult life not caring about what I put on (as long as it was clean). As I get older, I find myself wanting have a well put together look. Which seems to include layering and accessories which I have never done.

9.      Keep up with this blog – I have learned so much about so many things from reading blogs. I want this to be a place that helps someone someday.

Well I think that’s it for right now. I’m sure I will add to this list as the year progresses, but I should not be subtracting from it (unless completed that is).

Sew Long For Today,

~Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment